James F. Lettis Apartments
Contact: Barbara Cimko
City of Oneonta Housing Authority
Housing for Small Families
Eligibility Requirements (click here for further details)
To be eligible for admission the family's annual income must be within the extremely or very low-income limits set by HUD. Income limits apply only at admission and are not applicable for continued occupancy.
Academy Arms Family Status
An elderly family, which is:
- A family whose head, spouse, or sole member is a person who is at least 62 years of age;
- One or more persons who are at least 62 years of age living with one or more live-in aides.
A disabled family, which is:
- A family whose head, spouse, or sole member is a person with disabilities;
- Two or more persons with disabilities living together; or
- One or more persons with disabilities living with one or more live-in aides.
- For purposes of qualifying for low-income housing, disability does not include a person whose disability is based solely on any drug or alcohol dependence.
James F. Lettis Family Status – A family with or without children
Such a family is defined as a group of people related by blood, marriage, adoption or affinity that live together in a stable family relationship.
- Children temporarily absent from the home due to placement in foster care are considered family members.
- Unborn children and children in the process of being adopted are considered family members for the purpose of determining bedroom size but are not considered family members for determining income limit.
The head of the household for both Lettis and Academy must be at least 18 years of age.